[plt-scheme] can't find gensym in languages "Intermediate student in lambda" and "Advanced Student"

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 23 10:22:31 EDT 2009

Ratandeep Ratti wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I was currently on exercise 32.1.3 in HTDP which says to use function
> gensym, but
> I can't find it in either of the languages "Intermediate student with
> lambda" and "Advanced Student",
>
> I do see the function gensym in the module language, can I include this
> function  without changing
> the language to module.?

You can write a teachpack that provides gensym and add it to your ISL or
ASL program.

The teachpack itself would be written in the module language and look like:

#lang scheme
(provide gensym)

Save this file somewhere, then go to Language > Add Teachpack ... > Add
Teachpack to List... and select this file.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.