[plt-scheme] Re: guido on tail recursion

From: Kumar (srikumarks at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 23 06:42:57 EDT 2009

I'm surprised that he'd push the absence of tail call elimination
as a design feature and something that expresses a broad programming
philosophy. The Mozart/Oz folks OTOH give an implementation of map
that looks like it isn't tail recursive and yet runs in constant
stack! I'm still digesting that one. (http://www.mozart-oz.org/home/
doc/tutorial/node6.html)

... and the thing is tail _recursion_ is just the corner of the TCE
sky.

-Kumar