[plt-scheme] dynamic-wind & kill-thread

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 22 13:11:27 EDT 2009

Noel Welsh wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:19 AM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know how to add an extension to your classes that'll nicely fit into
>> your connection classes and mixins.  I am happy to help with a functional
>> oriented proxy if you are okay with it.
>
> You might have more joy starting here:
>
>   https://schematics.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/schematics/db
>
> This is, I think, the next version of spgsql + a whole lot more.

It's a cleanup of spgsql and a new pure-Scheme implementation of the
mysql protocol. It's mostly operational, if you (or anyone else) would
like to try it out or contribute.

The kill-safe proxy I had in mind, though, wouldn't require working with
my classes and mixins at all. You could just write a new class of your
own that forwards its operations to an spgsql connection in another
thread. You don't even need to implement the entire query interface, to
start with, just the parts your code depends on.

Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.