[plt-scheme] Re: Newbie question about PLT web application

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Apr 22 12:00:21 EDT 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 5:27 PM, gad vatsi wrote:

> I tried what John mentioned, and got a connection failed error after
> about 10-15 seconds.

Yes, it sounds to me like there's some kind of firewall in place, and
your telnet is timing out after no response.  If I'm correct, that's
unrelated to PLT software; you'd have to figure out who's doing the
firewalling (could be more than one!) and how to put a hole in it at
the desired port. Also, there's always SSH tunneling, if this is just
for your own personal use.

Again: I may very well be wrong. About the strongest claim I can make
is that I'm not *deliberately* misleading you...

All the best,

John Clements