[plt-scheme] video editing and Scheme ..

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 22 08:37:43 EDT 2009

Can't run this as it only works on Windows. However I quickly browsed
the docs. Regarding effects:

- The effect-stack would be better named the effect-pipeline as I understand it.
- If effects were values you could avoid a whole class of errors. E.g.
instead of writing

   (effect "Tranzlate"  ;; Typo won't be caught till run-time

I wrote

  (tranzlate

the module system would catch the typo.

- I'd use keywords for params, not strings (again, I think you get
better error checking)

- The model isn't clear to me. Are effects first class, for instance?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Kumar <srikumarks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Though we don't embed the mzscheme runtime (for various historical,
> legal and technical reasons)

If the LGPL licence is an issue I imagine you can get an exemption if
you contact the PLT developers.

HTH,
N.

Posted on the users mailing list.