[plt-scheme] dynamic-wind & kill-thread

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 21 20:30:11 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com>wrote:

> It only kills threads when the connection times out.
>
> Jay

I don't know whether my threads were timing out, as the issue is
intermittent and has no consistent repro steps.  Most of the time the issue
is reproduced when I try to reload and connect randomly as quick as
possible.

I am able to verify that the code blocks on waiting for a semaphore that
should be released in the post-thunk of dynamic-wind, so somehow the
post-thunk is never executed and hence causes the next thread to block.

This problem most likely will go away if I do not share connections between
threads, of course.

Thanks,
yc