[plt-scheme] PLT vs. the world

From: i j (laplacian42 at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 19 19:14:10 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 5:46 PM, i j <laplacian42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Others suggested that R6RS was basically a product of PLT.
>
> Just because of the appalling untruth to this one, [snip]
>
> I generally think of this mailing list as a friendly place, and I hope
> the remainder of this thread bears that out, but please do try to do a
> little bit of fact checking to make sure you do not repeat nonsense
> (flame bait, even).

Thanks for the reply, Robby. Certainly not trying to post nonsense or
be rude. I do however think it was interesting that this particular
commenter's comment (on the site mentioned) was probably taken as
truth by many (as it was upvoted pretty well).

Perhaps if there were a PLT faq or wiki, these sorts of "apalling
untruths" :) could be clarified and easily linked to.

Posted on the users mailing list.