[plt-scheme] [OT] Scheme Jobs

From: Henk Boom (henk at henk.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 17 11:40:15 EDT 2009

2009/4/17 Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
>
>> (And also, some of the kids working through HtDP should do startups.  All we
>> need is one high-profile Web site to be quoted in the trade press saying
>> that they owe their success to Scheme, and we're all set. :)
>
> You should all do startups. Or consultancy.  (Non-technical) customers
> care about results, not language choice.

I'm doing an undergraduate degree which is split 50/50 between
Computer Science and Computation Arts (think art with programming).
One of the great parts of doing the art projects is that for the most
part they don't care about language either, what you do with it is
what counts.

(to be fair, we had a choice in language in the compiler writing
course I took, so I used Scheme, but it's relatively rare)

    Henk

Posted on the users mailing list.