[plt-scheme] dual-editor snip

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 12 20:43:00 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Jordan Johnson <jmj at fellowhuman.com> wrote:
>> You can
>> show and remove them as you wish (but you will have to do some work to
>> make sure the editor-snip%s are always the right size).
>
> Regarding that sizing -- I want to keep the two subordinate snips' widths
> equal, and need to know:
>        - How can I detect whether a text% has been resized as a result of
> the user's typing?
>        - Is set-min-width a reliable way to control the width of the two
> subordinate editor-snip%s?  That is, if snip A is wider than snip B (as
> reported by get-extent), set B's min-width to be the width of A.  Or is
> there a better way?

I'm sorry -- I'm not better than the documentation for these
questions. I've worked thru that all before and there is a way to make
everything work, but I've lost the memory of which methods fit with
which ones in precisely which way.

On the positive side, the vertical-pasteboard% classes are managing
some of this for you so if they work, perhaps you can avoid all of the
detail I've since forgotten.....

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.