[plt-scheme] stepper interface suggestion for "start-from-here"?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Apr 10 20:52:15 EDT 2009

A few weeks ago Jay McCarthy suggested a feature for the stepper that
was so obvious that I had to implement it (also, I have a sneaking
suspicion that others must have suggested it): starting to step at a
specified expression, rather than from the beginning.  As I expected,
it wasn't too hard, except for this one problem: how should it be
enabled?  Here's what I've been able to come up with:

1) It's always enabled: the stepper starts from wherever the cursor is
(or the beginning of the selection)
2) It's a menu entry in the "Scheme" Menu.
3) Clicking on the stepper button always brings up a dialog.
4) It's a preference.
5) You right-click on a selected expression.

Choices 1 & 3 seem too intrusive.  Choices 2,4, and 5 seem not
intrusive enough (a.k.a. they'll never be discovered).  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

John