[plt-scheme] match doesn't recognize struct if typed

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 9 14:22:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Paulo J. Matos <pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, do you envisage that in the future typed-scheme will
> support everything provided by PLT Scheme or there will be always
> things that won't be possible to type?

If I already knew the answer to that question, it wouldn't be nearly
as much fun.  :)

In all seriousness, I hope to support as much of PLT Scheme as
possible, which is a lot more than is supported now.  I don't yet know
how much it is, though.  It's certainly possible, and always will be
possible, to write programs that can't be typechecked, yet will
succeed when run without types - that's a simple consequence of
uncomputability.  Whether that's an important class of programs
remains to be seen.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu