[plt-scheme] Typed-Scheme Memory Issues

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 7 15:45:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been using typed-scheme for a bit now and my code base in typed
scheme is now involving [only] 4 modules with a total of 3000 loc.

Unfortunately, though things have been pretty slow for me lately since
evaluating the main module of my project takes something in the order
of minutes requesting over 2Gb of memory. Since I [only] have 2 Gb of
memory, swapping starts and things get even slower.

About this I don't know what to do but it needs to be improved. I have
taken a few screenshots so you can check how the memory evolves while
drscheme is interpreting a typed-scheme module [svn 14441]:
Idle:
Values http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pocm06r/values_idle.png
Graph http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pocm06r/graph_idle.png

On Load:
Values http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pocm06r/values_load.png
Graph http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pocm06r/graph_load.png

Note that I have mostly nothing else running besides the gnome
desktop... I sincerely don't know what to do. I hope this is just a
bug regarding memory handling and can be easily fixed.
If I can provide more info on this so it can be analyzed please let me know.

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com
Webpage: http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm

Posted on the users mailing list.