[plt-scheme] question from a newbie regarding the import of a library

From: Dan Friedman (dfried00 at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 5 17:03:38 EDT 2009

The #u and #s were to be reminiscent of #f and #t.  The idea was to have you
think about #f and #t without being concerned about how they might be
spelled.
The book is about a mythical language, but that just means that you have to
know how to spell some of the words.  As you will discover, we use lots of
super
scripts.  One reason was as a reminder.  So, cond^e, which is spelled conde
was to remind the reader about the syntax of Lisp's/Scheme's cond.  It was
cause the reader to say, "Oh, I at least remember the syntax of cond."
run's
use of a superscript is different (run^4 (q) ...) is spelled (run 4 (q)
...), so here
the 4 is separated by a space from the "n" in run, whereas, for conde, there
is
no such separation.  Most have very little difficulty adjusting to the two
kinds of
superscipts (the touching and the ones separated by a space).  In the index,
we
have shown the correct spellings of every name, except for some of those
that end with superscript o (the touching variety, since only run has
separation).

Thanks to all for participating in the discussion,

.... Dan