[plt-scheme] Good general term for context elements?

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 15:44:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 02:47:47PM -0400, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> I have this problem, too (it arises with kind of context, not just
> eval contexts, as you know).  But that term is so unwieldy.  Have you
> thought of contracting it?  "sintext"?  Many sintexts make a context.

Except for the unfortunate interpretation as sin text, of course.  Maybe
"singtext"?

O once wrote a parser generator and called "anal" as short for
"analyse", because mostly it analysed the grammar and only incidentally
made a parser, almost as an afterthought.  The parser that went with it
was called "Parse".  My students had fun with an axcretory
interpretation:

Arse
Anal

-- hendrik