[plt-scheme] Square braces in MrEd

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 14 06:31:03 EDT 2008

> Forgive the stupid question, but how to enter [ or ] in MrEd then?
> Everytime I try, it gets replaced by ( and ).

In DrScheme preferences, go to the "Editing" tab and the "Scheme" sub-
tab and uncheck "Automatically adjust opening square brackets".

On a semi-related note, having "Automatically adjust closing parens"
checked can be quite useful. This automatically changes closing
parentheses so they match the next unclosed opening parenthesis on the
left of the cursor. For example, type "[)" and it'll get corrected to
"[]".

Cheers,

-- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.