[plt-scheme] Scheme sources readability

From: Jens Axel Soegaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sun Sep 7 11:17:54 EDT 2008

kbohdan at mail.ru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Probably not PLT specific, but hope not too OT:
>
> After many years of programming i found new-old
> scheme world very fascinating. One thing i still
> do not like here is source code readability.
> What about docstrings,
Used in Common Lisp.
> design patterns (like GoF),
One man's design pattern is another man's macro.

See Norvig's survey:

http://norvig.com/design-patterns/

> coding conventions. Are those non-applicable to scheme ?
Mu.

> Or scheme evolution is still on its early stages ?
Scheme is a new programming language from the seventies,
so it is really to early to say (whether the evolution is in
it early stages or not).

If I were forced to answer, I'd say yes. But then again, I'd say
that about legacy(*) languages too.

(*) legacy language: Language without closures, proper tail recursion
and call/cc.

--
Jens Axel S?gaard