[plt-scheme] planet: help submitting bugs & a question

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Tue Sep 2 09:58:48 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
>> Rather than worrying about anonymizing data, you could allow PLaneT
>> packages to include a public key provided by the author. Encrypt the
>> whole enchilada that gets sent to trac.

> Well, the user of the package is the one who could be divulging
> information, not the package author.

How else then would you submit accurate bug reports to the package
maintainer? As I type this, I suppose the goal is not to do that, it
is only to report contract violations.

The notion of asking the user (non-programmer) whether they want to
submit details regarding contract violations is unrealistic.

How would a user know what they should and they should not send when a
contract is violated? It would be confusing.

Posted on the users mailing list.