[plt-scheme] plt-web-server configuration

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 08:02:13 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Marek Kubica <marek at xivilization.net> wrote:
> Ok, I tried it, but as far as I see it is meant to serve single
> servlets in an easy way. What I want is basically the same as what
> plt-web-server does, serving all servlets (and htdocs etc.) from some
> web-root.

When creating instaweb we had to choose between supporting a single
servlet or many servlets.  We realised that anything that we could do
with multiple servlets we could do just as easily with a single
servlet (since a servlet is just a function and it easy to write a
function that chooses other functions based on some property (e.g.
URL)) and supporting only a single servlet made instaweb much easier
to write.  So to solve your problem I would write some master
"dispatch" servlet that calls all your current servlet based on URL.
We have written another library, dispatch.plt, for just this purpose.

HTH,
Noel

Posted on the users mailing list.