[plt-scheme] dynamic-*un*-require?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 07:43:44 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> The `enter!' form of `scheme/enter' re-loads a module when its file
> timestamp changes --- as long as the module was originally loaded via
> `enter!'.

Matthew - this is way cool!  From the implementation it seems that the core
ideas are:

1. use custom load/used-compiled-handler to keep track of module
dependencies and timestamps

2. when loading a module, verify that its dependency also needs to be
reloaded.

3. `eval` *is* what causes the module to be recompiled.

The part where I don't understand the usage of `module->namespace` to reset
`current-namespace`.  Doesn't that mean if I have symbols introduced via
other means they are no longer visible?

Thanks,
yc