[plt-scheme] More document (newbie)

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Tue Oct 21 14:24:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 07:09:00 -0700 (PDT)
George Herson <gherson at snet.net> wrote:

> With a great, free IDE like DrScheme, the only reason it isn't used
> more is the perception (or maybe its the reality) that the
> capabilities on offer aren't worth the time it takes to competently
> wield them.

Uh, yeah, I believe that in some years, when I have sharpened my
Scheme skills, I'll be able to cut through metal, walls of concrete and
Java code :)

I haven't yet read More, I'm currently on my way through Continue and
progressing every night some little steps. So far it has been quite
enjoyable, since I have never used continuations (I'm coming from
languages that usually don't support continuations) I begin to
understand what one can do with them.

The only thing that has been non-intuitive was the contracts-stuff. I
tried playing with contracts, but haven't found a way to validate a
data structure against a contract in the REPL. So I have skipped that
part.

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.