[plt-scheme] Re: Scheme workshop survey

From: Marc Feeley (feeley at iro.umontreal.ca)
Date: Sun Oct 19 21:32:13 EDT 2008

On 19-Oct-08, at 8:38 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> Your participation is most certainly appreciated. Marc is just
> probably just thinking to himself "start up any ordinary Scheme, type
> this thing in, and copy and paste the result back (or figure it out
> yourself) and stop complaining already!".
>
> Even mzscheme will do this (and DrScheme in some of its modes).
>
> I'm quite sure Marc does not mean any malice towards you. Please do
> send in your results.

Robby, thank you for clarifying my remark.  It is sad that as a
community we can't even agree on such a fundamental thing.  I should
have gone with my gut feeling and asked for the value of (+ 1 2), but
I decided to make it more interesting and asked a (reworded) question
out of the Little Schemer.  "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."

Let me also take a moment to say:

<in_a_shouting_tone>
You guys have got to be kidding!  The Scheme workshop's future is at
stake and the steering committee is asking for your feedback to help
bring the community together and all you can talk about is how ill
conceived the skill testing question was.  Honestly, this is shameful
behavior.  How about a discussion on the Scheme workshop itself?  Does
anyone really care?
</in_a_shouting_tone>

Good night.

Marc