[plt-scheme] Re: Scheme workshop survey

From: Marc Feeley (feeley at iro.umontreal.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 17 15:48:34 EDT 2008

On 17-Oct-08, at 3:07 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> Dear Marc,
>
> I am deeply disappointed to find out that the survey's designer does
> not know Scheme.  Apparently
>
>  (car '((a b c) x y z))
>
> does NOT evaluate to
>
>  '(a b c)
>
> (It apparently also doesn't evaluate to
>
> (cons 'a (cons 'b (cons 'c empty)))
>
> or to various other expressions that use call/cc, but I can excuse
> those.  The first error is unacceptable.)

Wow!  I did not know you were a reductionist...  I thought those folks
died off a long time ago.  But hey there is still hope for you... you
could come to the next Scheme workshop to try to convince the rest of
the Scheme community you are right (or be assimilated).  Can I count
on you?

Marc

P.S. I did handle the whitespace, case-sensitivity, square-bracket and
dotted pair issues so that the following is accepted: [  A  b . (   C)]

Posted on the users mailing list.