[plt-scheme] modules 4 newbies

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Thu Oct 16 17:56:40 EDT 2008

Raoul Duke wrote:
> ja, the issue is that i want to write some code which uses the gui
> library, but then all that is wrapped up in my own module. i want my
> module to use other standard modules.

This is not a problem. Using #lang scheme/gui gives you the same result
as using #lang scheme and importing the gui libraries. That is, you
don't lose anything from the `scheme' language.

Maybe a small note about the whole #lang thing will help you (since
you've been reading the old docs):
#lang scheme
is equivalent to inserting the file contents inside
(module "file-name-where-the-lang-was-found" scheme
)
And this is even how it is implemented. Think of #lang as a syntactic
sugar for the old modules.

The scheme/gui (and mred/mred) is a new syntax for requires but this
also has a simple mapping to the old method (which is still valid).
Check the new Guide and Reference (on docs.pld-scheme.org).

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa