[plt-scheme] Scheme Hackathon at ICFP 2009?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 15:57:51 EDT 2008

Hi all,

At ICFP 2007 the Haskell guys organised a "Hackathon":

  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac_2007_II

"It is a coding festival, focusing on producing and improving Haskell
libraries, tools and infrastructure."

I wonder if the same, or similar, could be organised for (PLT) Scheme
at ICFP 2009, which will be in Edinburgh?  There are two issues here:

1. Are there enough people interested? (I think about 10 would be
enough, 20 would be great)  If you're interested, let me know.

2. Would it be worthwhile to run tutorial sessions?  I get the
impression many people don't know how to develop efficiently using PLT
Scheme.  E.g. how to use PLaneT development links, how to package code
for release, how to test, how to use Scribble.  Stuff like Typed
Scheme would also be worth presenting tutorials on.  If you'd be
interested in tutorials, please let me know what kind.

A quick note for Scheme UK people:  Ewan Higgs has revived Scheme UK.
A new Yahoo group has been started.  Please sign up at
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/schemeuk/ if you have not done so
already.

Cheers,
Noel