[plt-scheme] Re: Embedded images in planet packages

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 15 15:30:52 EDT 2008

Robby Findler wrote:
> This is a shortcoming in our compiler, I'm sorry to say. If you want
> to use images in planet packages, I think the best thing I can offer
> you now is to use define-runtime-path to point to the image and then
> (make-object bitmap% ....), which gives you the same kind of a value
> as the embedded image would, but without embedding it.

Is there a way to turn a bitmap% object into a htdp/world image?  (I
don't mind replacing the embedded image with define-runtime-path and
make-object---although it would be nice if I didn't have to---but I
don't want to rewrite my program to use the GUI toolkit instead of the
World teachpack.)

David

Posted on the users mailing list.