[plt-scheme] WXME Decoding Error

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 14 12:40:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Eric Domeshek
<domeshek at stottlerhenke.com> wrote:
> 1- I also found the Finder chapter, and have calls to set up
> finder:default-extension and finder:default-filters.  However, these seem to
> only affect the Save/Save-As dialogs.  The Open dialog still comes up with
> "Any" as its only filter.  Is there a comparably simple way to set default
> filters on that dialog as well?

I recommend you just call the mred-level dialogs, instead of the
framework ones. The framework ones are legacy code now -- most (all?)
of the functionality is now at the mred layer.

> 2- After my now (mostly) successful file load, I'm still getting the
> following error message:
>>
>> send: no such method: set-position for class: eer-pasteboard%
>
> Based on searching the docs, this method seems to be associated with
> scroll-event%s and text% editors.  So maybe there's somewhere else in the
> framework that is still expecting a text% object?  Any thoughts on what else
> I might have overlooked as a PLT GUI newbie?

This could easily be a bug in the framework. Do you get a stack trace?
Or perhaps do you have a small program that reproduces the problem?

> 4- One final info-access style question: What is the right way to figure out
> the directory from which a module is being loaded?  My problem here is that
> I want my custom editor app to use some custom icons, so I've got an icons
> sub-directory beneath the directory that holds my code, but I don't know how
> to establish dynamically the directory that the code is loading from.  This
> seems like there must be a simple straightforward call.

I think you want define-runtime-path.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.