[plt-scheme] Porting DrScheme/MzScheme to Adobe Flex

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 11 19:26:11 EDT 2008

MzScheme is not a "naive" C interpreter.  Some days it isn't even an
interpreter: it's a JIT compiler.  Even if an ActionScript
implementation had a JIT, the level of indirection would make it
impossible to get the same level of performance.

Plus, I would not expect an ActionScript implementation to at all be
optimized to the mutation-minimal, mostly-functional style of most
Scheme programs.

If you're imagining MzScheme as a few hundred lines (a la a textbook
interpreter), that's not what it is.  The port  itself would be a very
non-trivial effort (for someone like me, anyway).

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.