[plt-scheme] Porting DrScheme/MzScheme to Adobe Flex

From: Barry Brown (barry at cs.sierracollege.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 11 16:59:44 EDT 2008

I'm not talking about taking a Scheme program and compiling it down to
JavaScript or some other language. What I'm proposing is porting the
whole DrScheme IDE, including the MzScheme interpreter and VM, over to
ActionScript.

MzScheme is written in C, correct? Is there some feature of C that has
no implementable counterpart in ActionScript? (Besides pointer and
memory corruption. :)

-B

On Oct 11, 2008, at 1:40 PM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> David Van Horn has a preliminary Beginner Scheme-to-JavaScript
> compiler.
>
> But a full-blown port is a very non-trivial effort.  There are
> numerous features in PLT Scheme that have no straightforward
> counterpart in ActionScript or JavaScript or any other language.  So
> the challenge would be in implementing all these features.
>
> Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.