[plt-scheme] How best to use PLaneT?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Fri Oct 10 15:14:03 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Carl Eastlund <cce at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:

>> I prefer the model of linking against a single version of a library,
>> testing it, and relying on it from here forward.

> Absolutely.  However, (a) we don't actually have a way to do that
> right now, (b) you can fool yourself by trying to fake it

Per another thread: you could do this manually by allowing PLT to
download the desired versions into the cache, checking that code into
version control (aka vendor branches), setting all of the dependencies
to exact versions, and then installing that everywhere you deploy your
app.

It actually doesn't sound so bad when you think of it, at least if you
care about guaranteeing the version.

Posted on the users mailing list.