[plt-scheme] Re: [plt-edu] world.ss ke=?

From: Marco Morazan (morazanm at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 9 12:12:46 EDT 2008

Hi Carl,

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Carl Eastlund <cce at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> Some applications need that distinction.  We had a student here write
> a simple text editor, for which he needed to distinguish "typing"
> keystrokes (characters) from "navigation" keystrokes (symbols).  It
> would be hard to make that distinction if they were all symbols (or
> characters, or strings); as it is, we give students both a predicate
> and a template to help with it.

Hmm....I can see the need. However, if all symbols (or whatever) for
keystrokes are unique then distinguishing is not that difficult. Some
symbols are typing keystrokes and some symbols are navigation
keystrokes. So, I guess I am not following how making the distinction
is hard.

In any case, it is a suggestion to think about. I will get my students
over this minor hump.

Thanks for responding.

--

Cheers,