[plt-scheme] When does eqv? differ from eq? , from equal?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Oct 6 13:04:26 EDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 6:15 AM, Alan Watson wrote:
> P.S. If Scheme is defined as "doing the right thing and damning the
> torpedoes", I would assert that eq? should not be part of Scheme

It depends on what torpedoes you're damning. The torpedo of
simplicity? The torpedo of slow execution? The torpedo of "real-world"
nonconformity? (I damn that last torpedo on a daily basis.)

Scheme is hardly the most high-minded language out there: we've got
mutation, a dynamic type system, and a useful module system (ooh,
ouch, sorry).

I also feel the need to note that Farragut isn't actually venerated
for uttering "Damn the torpedoes, Do the Right Thing!"   :)

John Clements