[plt-scheme] vi mode and editor questions

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 22 22:08:17 EST 2008

Robby Findler wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Jon Rafkind <workmin at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I don't see the difference between my code and yours except that I'm using
>> whatever editor the definitions window uses.
>>

> I made a little tool (code below; I added a planet link and an info.ss
> file so drscheme would find the tool), and I still see the same (ie,
> good) behavior.
>
> Robby
>
> #lang scheme/gui
> (require drscheme/tool)
>
> (provide tool@)
> (define tool@
>   (unit
>     (import drscheme:tool^)
>     (export drscheme:tool-exports^)
>
>     (define phase1 void)
>     (define phase2 void)
>
>     (drscheme:get/extend:extend-definitions-text
>      (λ (t%)
>        (class t%
>          (define/override (on-char evt)
>            (printf "key-code ~s control ~s\n"
>                    (send evt get-key-code)
>                    (send evt get-control-down))
>            (super on-char evt))
>          (super-new))))))

I just did an svn update to 4.1.3.1 (before I was using 4.1.2.2) and I
have nothing in planet except for a link to the code above. I see the
behavior from before where ctrl-b does not register.

I tried this on my other desktop machine which also runs linux+x11 and
drscheme 4.1.3.1 with the same behavior.

Posted on the users mailing list.