[plt-scheme] Why Modules?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Fri Nov 21 08:49:00 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Modules are much simpler to use than units.  This doesn't directly
> address your question, but is, I think, an important consideration.

It would be interesting for the documentation to include an example of
how one particular problem is addressed using modules, units, and
classes. There are probably some idioms particular to each construct;
and it would be helpful to compare them.

I'm thinking about this myself because I wrote a program with classes
rather than units because they were simpler; but now I am thinking
that I ought to learn units and also investigate how to solve the
problem using the module system alone.

Posted on the users mailing list.