[plt-scheme] SLaTeX: getting it to work

From: Bas Steunebrink (bass at cs.uu.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 6 09:38:45 EST 2008

Thanks for your interest. :-)
I create this file called quick.tex:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{slatex}
\begin{document}
In Scheme, \scheme{lambda} creates a function.
\end{document}

Then I save it in the PLT/collects/slatex/ folder so that it is together
with slatex.sty. I fire up DrScheme and type:

(require slatex/slatex-wrapper)
(slatex/no-latex "C:/apps/PLT/collects/slatex/quick.tex")

Running this gives me:

Welcome to DrScheme, version 4.1 [3m].
Language: Pretty Big custom; memory limit: 128 megabytes.
SLaTeX v. 20050609
typesetting code[quick.tex]done

However, no .Z* file is to be found in either PLT/ or
PLT/collects/slatex/ or anywhere else for that matter. I get the same
result on Vista and Windows 2000, which makes me suspect I'm missing
some crucial trick or something. A test file containing a schemedisplay
environment doesn't produce anything either.

Bas

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Very surprising.  Can you post the smallest SLaTeX file on which you
> have this problem?

Posted on the users mailing list.