[plt-scheme] Sweet-expressions on PLT

From: Eduardo Bellani (ebellani at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 3 12:50:43 EST 2008

Hey there guys.

I'm new to LISP/scheme (I'm from the ruby world), trying a lot of stuff to
make
sense of this new environment. One particular thing I've found that would
really
smooth the line of effort is sweet-expressions
(http://www.dwheeler.com/readable/). The author was gentle enough even to
provide a why do it here
http://www.dwheeler.com/readable/retort-lisp-can-be-readable.html .

So quoting a conversation I had with the author:

  Eduardo Bellani:
    >> Would you know if your sweet-expressions would work on PLT Scheme
    >> (I'm reaching for some way to develop a web app with sweet
expressions
    >> here, just to show case it to a study group, perhaps get some
    >> people interested)?
  >
  >I don't know if it'd work on PLT Scheme, but if it doesn't, it should be
extremely
  >trivial to make it work.
  >
  >The Scheme implementation of sweet-expressions is intentionally
  >written to be _very_ portable; I actively strived to avoid anything that
  >wasn't explicitly promised by the Scheme (R5) spec.
  >The one exception is modules, which R5 didn't have at all, so you may
  >need to edit the (few) lines to cause it to be combined into a module.
  >Nearly all Schemes have _some_ module system, but they're all slightly
  >different :-(.
  >
  >The code I wrote (modulo reuse) uses a relatively small dialect of
Scheme.
  >I want it to be easily translatable to Common Lisp and ACL2, so I
intentionally
  >avoided some Scheme capabilities.

I'm looking for a hand on porting this to PLT, since I'm trying here is to
learn
lisp using that, and to port it I would need to learn lisp, and so on :P

Would anyone care to lend a hand?
Hugs

--
Eduardo Bellani

www.cnxs.com.br

"What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow men. That is the entire Law;
all the rest is commentary." The Talmud