[plt-scheme] What are syntax-case pattern variables?

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Wed May 14 20:33:59 EDT 2008

Pattern variables may look somewhat mystically, because their scope is for
the templates, independently from the scope of normal variables. However,
trying check syntax on a number of examples may clarify a lot. It did for
me. Just follow the arrows. You may also want to play with compilation time
variables and pattern variables of the same name. It is instructive I think
(: it was for me :) They live in separate worlds. Of course this does not
answer your question in detail. I don't know how things are implemented. I
am curious, but for usage the behaviour is more important than the details
of the  implementation, I think.
Jos