[plt-scheme] Scribble for PLaneT packages

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat May 10 06:44:04 EDT 2008

At Sat, 10 May 2008 11:38:37 +0100, Dave Gurnell wrote:
> I started out trying to use defmodule forms like:
>
>    @defmodule[(planet untyped/unlib/list) #:use-sources ((file "../
> list.ss"))]{ etc ... }
>
> When I used "setup-plt -P" to build the documentation on my Mac, the
> build process failed because it was looking for "/my/home/directory/
> list.ss". I figured this was because setup-plt resolved filenames
> relative to the root directory for the package, so I changed the forms
> to:
>
>    @defmodule[(planet untyped/unlib/list) #:use-sources ((file
> "list.ss"))]{ etc ... }
>
> The docs build fine now for me, but my colleague gets an error on his
> Linux machine saying setup-plt can't find "/his/home/directory/list.ss".
>
> Am I doing this wrong or is there some sort of discrepancy?

I'm not sure how relative module names in this position would get
resolved, actually. They're intended to be absolute module paths.

Do you really need `#:use-sources'? It's for unusual cases where you
want to document X as exported from Y, but Y really just re-exports
from Z, and if someone looks for information on X from Z, then you want
them to find the docs for X from Y.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.