[plt-scheme] speeding up building from source

From: Filipe Cabecinhas (filcab at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 6 03:25:22 EDT 2008

Hi

On 6 May, 2008, at 00:32, Stephen De Gabrielle wrote:

> Does anyone have any  suggestions for speeding up building from
> source?
>
> I'm using a slow/resource constrained machine,

One thing you could do is skip the documentation, which takes quite a
while.

In windows you would change the last line of build.bat to
..\..\mzscheme -l setup -- -D -n

in unix you would change the SETUP_ARGS variable in the makefile to:
SETUP_ARGS = -X "$(DESTDIR)$(collectsdir)" -l setup -- -D -n

(if you do it in makefile.in before issuing ./configure it's better
because the makefile is generated from it)
on unix you can also disable stuff you don't need when running
configure with --disable-<something> (use ./configure --help to see
what can be disabled).

   - Filipe Cabecinhas

Posted on the users mailing list.