[plt-scheme] v4 questions

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Mon Mar 31 12:09:08 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Mark Engelberg
<mark.engelberg at gmail.com> wrote:

>  In my ideal programming world, up at the top of a given module, I
>  could specify what I want my default data structure to be, e.g.,
>  #lang scheme
>  #list basic-list
>
>  Then, when I'm done with my module, I can easily test and time the
>  code using various data structures that make different tradeoffs:

A question came up about structures on comp.lang.lisp the other day.

One of the proposed approached to abstract away the difference in
working with classes versus structures was to use macros:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_frm/thread/ec1782e569f04de0?hl=en

Would macros be a good way to abstract away the changes you need to
manage to switch between the different data structures in this case?

Posted on the users mailing list.