[plt-scheme] Re: MysterX and arrays/vectors

From: Filipe Cabecinhas (filcab at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 18:56:49 EDT 2008

Hi all

Finally, I have made it! I can send arrays of doubles to the COM side
(and they get packaged in a SAFEARRAY of type VT_ARRAY | VT_R8).
The problems I had before were due to me not totally getting how the
COM type stuff worked (sorry about that). I had to pass it type
information in more than 1 or 2 places (and I had to propagate that
for some more places).

After some debug, I finally was able to invoke that method. I'll try
to get a decent patch (without all my extra debug info ;-)) and then
send it to so you can put it in SVN (if you want).

Right now it deals only with integers (they get packaged as VT_I4,
which I think it's more common than VT_I8) and doubles (VT_R8). I'll
try to make it a bit more complete and the upload the patch (or, if
you want, I'll send it now and later, when it's more complete). But
Paul's idea of doing a (with-com-type 'vt_r4 3.14) is not a bad one
when wants to have more control (or send a non-default type).

Anyway, this is better than arrays of VT_VARIANT (at least in my
case ;-)).

Thanks for all the help

   - Filipe Cabecinhas

Posted on the users mailing list.