[plt-scheme] Vision behind Scribble

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 19:03:57 EDT 2008

Documentation, especially design/architecture and specification, should,
imho, be finished before coding is started. For me comments are a means to
clarify little details of code that may not immediately be clear to the
reader/maintainer of the code. This does not imply that comments aren't
important. They must not be formalized, I think. They are an informal means
to clarify the formal parts. They also may, or rather they must, contain
references to the design and specification. In the design stage I don't want
my mind to be limited to a specific formalism, on the contrary, I want all
my creativity to grow unbound. You may compare this to the way a
mathematicien makes proofs ABOUT formal proofs. When talking ABOUT the
formal system, all convincing arguments are allowed, informal ones included.
We must be able to step out of the formal system in order to see what going
on within that system.
Jos