[plt-scheme] Styling MrEd GUI components

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Fri Mar 14 14:57:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

I can't find gtk bindings in either the plt search, planet, help-desk(3.72)
or at http://www.gtk.org/language-bindings.html

Could anyone send a pointer?

Cheers,

Stephen

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Corey Sweeney <corey.sweeney at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you want styling/themes you can always use the gtk bindings.
>
> Corey
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Ben Simon <benjisimon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Matthew -
> >
> > That's not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but it makes a lot of
> sense
> > and I should be able to make do.
> >
> > -Ben
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu>
> wrote:

> red,
> > or a
> that's
> > components.

> > through
> at
> > me.
> > >
> > > There's no way to control features like the color of a standard
> button.
> > > That's by design, so that the GUI library can use the current
> > > platform's toolbox, which has its own look-and-feel. All GUI toolboxes
> > > that we use accommodate a font change for a button, but sometimes not
> > > much else.
> > >
> > > Creating a button with a bitmap label may give you a bit more control.
> > > More generally, you can derive a sub-class of `canvas%' and draw
> > > anything as a control.
> > >
> > > Matthew
> > >

> > --
> > I'm so done with my commute. See what I'm up to now:
> > www.ideas2executables.com
> >  The Blog: benjisimon.blogspot.com

> --
> ((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile 079 851 890 45
Project: Making Sense of Information (MaSI)
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html

UCLIC: University College London Interaction Centre
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/

Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP