[plt-scheme] paired braces in interaction mode?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Thu Mar 6 13:54:12 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Jos Koot <jos.koot at telefonica.net> wrote:
> It was clearly explained on this list how its works, IIRC by Robby Findler.

I know. I thought I had clearly established (confessed?) that I had
clearly lost the ability both read and comprehend :)
I guess it is up for debate whether or not it has returned.

> It is a simple thing that hardly needs documentation.

Highlighting yes, but the whole bit about moving the cursor to the
right side of an s-expression hitting enter to paste in that
s-expression is just not obvious to me at all.
That is a nice feature, it needs publicity. That is my point.

> I can imagine that at this moment PLT people have many things higher on their list of priorities.

I know. Sometimes it is the smallest things that can make a
difference. A little feature in the IDE can be such a nice surprise.

It is also very, very nice that the PLT guys do what they do with both
their software and *this* list. It can be hard to get started with a
language where the community is populated largely by experts. Maybe it
is a little thing but it is really special.

> Sorry being a little bit obtrusive. Take it with a :) please.

I will thank you being so nice about it!

Posted on the users mailing list.