[plt-scheme] slideshow, sound

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Mon Mar 3 05:36:11 EST 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 04:25, Noel Welsh wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Geoff Knauth <geoff at knauth.org> wrote:
>> When I show a particular slide, I want to start a sound.  How hard is
>> this?
> Not very.  The good Dr provides a play-sound function:
> http://docs.plt-scheme.org/gui/
> Windowing_Functions.html#(def~20((collects~20mred~20main..ss)~20play-
> sound))

Way cool, Noel.  And thanks all for your suggestions.

Hendrik:  I too remember using a KSR-33.  KSR = Keyboard Send
Receive.  ASR = Auto Send Receive.  As far as I can tell, the ASR
version had an integreted paper tape reader and punch.  All the ones I
ever used had that, so I guess they were ASRs.

Richard:  Not knowing what a Model-19 was, I found this:
   http://railroad-signaling.com/tty/M19.jpg
Listening to this...
   http://railroad-signaling.com/tty/m19.mpg
I remember how I used to think those teletypes were marvels because
they could type so much faster than I ever could.
That reminded me of Chuck Adams, morse code communicator extraordinaire.
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bmiEkguQqk

Posted on the users mailing list.