[plt-scheme] PLanet should indicate which PLT version is required

From: Doug Williams (m.douglas.williams at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 1 23:22:10 EST 2008

>Can you describe an example of your agent-based simulation?>
>rac

Most of the agent-based simulations are cultural models where agents
represents cultural entities, e.g. individuals, groups (religious, ethnic,
etc) and the dynamics of these models represents the interactions among
these entities.  These are used for analyzing the implications of policies
and planning in multi-cultural domains.  [Basically an agent is a process
(in the simulation sense, not the OS sense) from the simulation collection,
each of which is typically an instance of an inference engine (from the
inference collection) running a rule set describing the agent dynamics.]

I have abstracted out the basic structure of an agent-based simulation and a
cellular automaton framework implemented using the simulation and inference
collections with some simple examples - the game of life implemented a
couple different ways (i.e, inferencing and non-inferencing) and a trivial
cultural model.  I plan on releasing the to PLaneT at some point, but need
to clean it up first.  [Note that this is really inefficient way to
implement a cellular automaton (like the game of life), but it works as a
simple example.]

Doug