[plt-scheme] word completion for module based languages

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 27 16:15:49 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Robert Matovinovic
<robert.matovinovic at web.de> wrote:
> Finally I could test what you have checked in, Robby. Word completion now
> shows also all commands of my module language in version 4.0.1
> [3m](Yippieh), thank you very much. But unfortunately it works only if one
> of the built-in languages are chosen but not when I switch to my module
> language. So something is still missing which is important to me. Maybe
> there is something I have to add to my module. I don't ask for language
> specific filtering of the word completion, the whole list would be alright,
> just that it works also with a module language.

Can you tell me a little more about how you've added the language to
DrScheme? Is it in the language dialog?

If so, perhaps you might consider defining your language in a way that
"#lang ..." works and then using DrScheme's module language. We're
trying to migrate that way so that all of the information needed to
run the program is in the program's text itself (as opposed to being
in the environment).

> I also like to use the debugger with my module language, but it doesn't. Is
> there an easy fix?

I suspect the answer here may be the same as the above, but I'm not sure.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.