[plt-scheme] R6RS Interoperability

From: Yavuz Arkun (yarkun at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 03:23:39 EDT 2008

As a newbie, I wonder if explicit typing alone would allow for a large
enough performance gain. I have the vague impression that Stalin for
example, touts "whole program optimization", whatever that is, as the
main reason for its performance.

What order of performance gains can you expect from explicitly typing
vs allowing compiler to infer type, given a whole program and its
typical inputs? (Just curious.)

Or more generally, what would be the first 3 performance optimizations
PLT people would implement, given infinite resources?

--Yavuz