[plt-scheme] IE Warnings

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jun 26 16:57:43 EDT 2008

On Jun 26, George Herson wrote:
> Chongkai Zhu wrote:
> > Just tell users to view the doc with Firefox, probably pop up a
> > window for that if DrScheme detects the user is using IE on
> > Windows (at least for the first time).
>
> Yes, have DrScheme offer to launch another browser,

I really don't want to do that, in the same way that I wouldn't want
to see IE popping up a dialg box telling people not to use PLT.

> or to change the security setting in IE (unless this
> no-local-javascript setting can be detected as off), at the point
> where DrScheme currently launches IE.  Include option in this dialog
> window to not ask again.

This is also not a good solution.  Changing the setting is not a good
idea exactly because it is there.  IIUC, there were lots of security
issues, and MS just diverted them all by the "local machine zone
lockdown" -- but the problems are still there, and if it's renabled
them people will be exposed to them.  I definitely don't want to be
responsible for security issues with IE killing someone's computer...