[plt-scheme] IE Warnings

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Jun 26 14:44:35 EDT 2008

Correct, that works, thanks, Jos
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: YC
  To: Eli Barzilay
  Cc: plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu
  Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] IE Warnings

  To manually disable the warning you can find the solution here  - http://radio.javaranch.com/pascarello/2005/05/18/1116473896158.html.  It works in XP (I don't have Vista to verify), and it's easier to do than using MOTW.

  If it's just for yourself - the above should do it.

  If it's for deployment to others, my suggestions are 1) tell others about the manual solution, 2) as you said - use the installer to flip the registry (and as you said - not the best idea), or 3) deploy a mini web server and serve the file via that mini web server that only listen to the localhost (an icon that'll start the web server then shell-execute the link to the home page ought to do it).

  IMHO html files is easier to read from a web server (local or remote) rather than a file system.

  Cheers,
  yc