[plt-scheme] define-for-syntax and R6RS

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 24 22:52:35 EDT 2008

Here's an implementation of begin-for-syntax (but it doesn't handle define).

(define-syntax begin-for-syntax
  (syntax-rules ()
    [(_ . e) (define-syntax fresh (begin (begin . e) #f))]))

I do not believe there's an R6RS equivalent to define-for-syntax - you
have to use a separate module.

As for why you need to import begin-for-syntax for run, it's because
the `begin-for-syntax' macro itself occurs in phase 0.  The
expressions *inside* the begin-for-syntax are in phase 1.  Similarly,
in the macro I defined, `define-syntax' appears at phase 0, but
`syntax-rules' appears at phase 1.

sam th